Thursday, June 19, 2014

Galaxy Over Martha's Vineyard

I’m here with you now. Not yesterday, or tomorrow. Now. Your thoughts intrigue me, and I am wrapped inside them. I won’t remember you after now. Nor did I know you before now. I’m your living conscious. A private conversation between your soul, and mine.

I’ll leave this here for you, for all your pain, and tears. Like falling rain, shattering into a million little droplets on impact. Your skin reminds me of constellations in the night sky, far away and metaphorical. I watched you and saw myself running my fingers through your hair, pushing back long stubborn strands past your ears.

You’re an idea. A linier consciousness. I like listening to you. Except, none of your words make sense. Talk to me. I’ll listen. But know that this is temporary madness. I’ll hide you like a secret, or taste you like a sin.

Chase me.


Photograph by Julian Tempelsman, National Geographic Your Shot

1 comment:

  1. the penultimate sentence was sublime. Vous n'ecritez pas en francaise?

    ReplyDelete